Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Life's Meaning

I'm bored and have nothing to do.
So naturally I am going to ponder the meaning of life.


I believe in God, but I don't believe that he is the soul meaning in our lives. 
After all, a lot of people don't believe in him, and they still find meaning. 
So it can't be all about God.


I think that it's about the little things. 
The small things in life that normally go unnoticed, but make you happy; 
Make you smile. 
Like a friend telling a joke, a little girl selling flowers, someone asking if you're ok. 
Being cared for.
One person doesn't make much of a difference to the world. 
They could die, and everything would be the same; 
The radio would still play, the sun would come up, the birds would sing. 
Only those close to the person would feel anything. 
And that's the thing; 
'Those close to the person'.
The more people you have that care for you, and that you care for them, the more happy you will be. 
The more happy you are, the more meaning your life has. 
You'd be less inclined to waste away if you have friends all around you, supporting you all the way.


And there you have it; 
My idea of the possible meaning of life. 

To love and be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment